SOUTH SURREY DOJO: MONDAY through THURSDAY 3:15-4:30PM + 4:30-5:45PM
VANCOUVER DOJO: WEDNESDAY + FRIDAY 6:00-7:15PM
Brief Program Overview
- Our Seikido kids program has reached tens of thousands of kids across the lower mainland since 1980.
- Seikido kids classes are focused on developing strong listening and learning skills in a safe, fun and supportive environment. Emphasis is placed on demonstrating discipline, courtesy, and respect for self and others. Students are taught and required to learn how to work well with others.
- Seikido kids develop practical martial arts skills (punching, kicking, blocking, falling, and rolling) as well as engage in purposeful games, conditioning/agility drills, and obstacles to develop balance, coordination and flexibility. Students also participate in a sparring component that is focused on applying learned skills in a safe and controlled manner. Sparring is an opportunity for students to acquire experience which will better prepare them for realistic self-defence situations.
- Seikido kids follow a traditional belt system progression with 3 stripes per colored belt - White, Yellow, Orange, Green, Blue, Brown, Jr. Black Belt. Seikido Grading’s are held only 3x per year. Our deliberation enforces the idea that value and emphasis is placed largely on quality of skill and character, not on promotions/belts/stripes.
- We are not a Martial sports club nor do we place our efforts on commercialization. Seikido training continues to embody and enforce a righteous philosophy through the application of practical and effective martial arts techniques. Seikido philosophy, ethics and training practices are unique and an education in itself. Seikido goes beyond physical techniques, let alone the color of a belt and uniform. It is not a sport, nor merely a form of exercise, but a true journey of inner and outer self-development.
For more information on registration or to visit our dojo, call 604-531-0595 or send us a message.